Neighborhood Partners to End Gun Violence
YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN
US FOR A PRAYER VIGIL AND PUBLIC ACTION:
When: The First and Third Tuesdays of each month from 3:30 – 4:30 pm.
Aug. 7 and 21
Sept. 4 and 18
Oct. 2 and 10
Nov. 6 and 20
Dec. 4 and 18
Where: Delia’s Gun Shop, 6104 Torresdale Avenue, Philadelphia 19135. This is in northeast Philadelphia. From Roosevelt Blvd, go east on Cheltenham at Oxford Circle, then north on Torresdale.
What we will do: We will be a peaceful and prayerful presence. We will hold our banners, our signs and placards indicating our hope and desire that Delia’s Gun Shop will sign the Code of Conduct, minimizing the likelihood that the guns they sell will be re-sold illegally on the streets and used in violent crimes. Please see the “Participant Pledge” below.
For more information and updates: Check this page regularly.
As a participant in Neighborhood Partners to End Gun Violence public actions, I will:
- Embrace God’s call to confront violence in powerful yet peaceful ways together with sisters and brothers in public witness.
- Refrain from physical and verbal violence even if provoked.
- Follow the instructions of the event organizers.
- Remain focused on our tactic: Inviting gun shops to sign the Code of Conduct.
- Refrain from conversation with counter-demonstrators. They are not our focus, the gun shop owner is.
- Keep in mind that my actions publicly reflect upon our message. If the media approaches me and I do not have the information they are requesting, I will direct them to an event organizer on site.
- Strive to root all my actions in love.
Neighborhood Partners to End Gun Violence (NPEG)
NPEG is an interfaith coalition of Northwest Philadelphia congregations and faith-based institutions devoted to meeting with gun shop owners and bringing pressure to bear upon them in order to curtail the sale of guns to straw purchasers who illegally sell handguns to others, who in turn use them in crimes and disputes with deadly results. NPEG is a local chapter of Heeding God’s Call.